Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a

    Because I want to visit to many places, I could not pick just one destination  for my ideal vacation. Therefore, I chose to write about a vacation that I will be going on soon. For this year's spring break, my parents and I will be going to Hawaii for two weeks, and we will participate in a large variety of activities.
    A few years ago my parents bought a time share. With this time share, we were able to pay for the places we would stay. Therefore, we only have to pay for plane ttickets, souvenirs, and any activities we want to try out. My parents have been to Hawaii almost ten times, and they have a good idea of the things that they think I should experience there.
    One of the things they most enjoy about Hawaii is the whales. Every time they travel there, if it is the right season, they go whale watching. Luckily, the whales should still be in the ocean surrounding the islands so I will get to see them. We are going to watch them from the beach and while on a dinner cruise. We are also going to go to a whaling museum and an aquarium.
View Image

    For the first time ever, we are going to go on a helicopter ride! My parents do not usually do the helicopter tour because it is so expensive, but they want to try it with me this time. Other rides that we will go on are a sail boat ride, a dinner cruise, and a short ride out to the ocean to go snorkeling.
Go to fullsize image
    Much of our time will be spent outside. We will go to the beach to do some swimming, sight seeing, and whale watching. We are going to see a Hawaiian hula dance show. It is possible that we might go on a picnic one day. Furthermore, we are going to go to Hana, one of the few areas on Maui that is still an undeveloped tropical paradise.

    Though I don't remember which ones they are, we will be going to a few different islands. We will be very busy and I have a feeling that there will be many pictures taken. In 102 days, my parents and I will be on our way to the islands! I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are going to have a blast on spring break. I have been whale watching, however it was not in Hawaii, but rather Boston, Massachusetts. It was an awesome experience and I would love to do it again. I never got the full concept of how large a whale was until I saw them out in the ocean. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete